Seachem prime dosage

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I thought the only time u could dose for just the water replaced was when u dose the new water in the bucket. If u fill up the tank using a hose, ur suppose to dose the whole. Im pretty sure thats what the back of the bottle says. Have I been doing it wrong?

Ok dont confuse this poor guys anymore.......

Its simple you dose for however much water ur adding......if ur filling up a new 100 gallon tank u would use 2 capfuls bc ur adding 100 gallons of new water.......if the tank was already full of 100 gallons and u were doing a water change of say 50%.....u would only add 1 capful when u did ur 50% water change

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Ok dont confuse this poor guys anymore.......

Its simple you dose for however much water ur adding......if ur filling up a new 100 gallon tank u would use 2 capfuls bc ur adding 100 gallons of new water.......if the tank was already full of 100 gallons and u were doing a water change of say 50%.....u would only add 1 capful when u did ur 50% water change
Sandnukka, You may be right, and, it has worked for you, but your advice is not correct given the directions for Prime. Dose full volume IF adding directly. If adding to replacement water then base on that volume. It's straight forward and op should not be confused ;-)

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Sorry. I didn't mean to post the picture twice. The site was just being awesome.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Honestly u guys are right i dont think i have ever read the full directions lmao......well anyways my way hasnt failed me in 10 years haha so whatever works i guess......

On the bright side ive saved money on prime lol

Reactions: JK47

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Honestly u guys are right i dont think i have ever read the full directions lmao......well anyways my way hasnt failed me in 10 years haha so whatever works i guess......

On the bright side ive saved money on prime lol
lmfaooo, this guy. back when i started in the hobby, i didnt even use conditioner, straight tap. How I lasted this long in the hobby gods know how

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
I recently switched to this and wonder why it smells so bad compared to other brands?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store