Seller's Regret...

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
How many people can say they both found their pet a much better home and got some cash on top of it? Not many. Youre one of the lucky ones. Hope things get better for you. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1
That's awesome he went to that amazing home!

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Sounds like you came out lucky in the end, Lots of cash and the turt has lots of space in its new home. Not to mention if there is a clutch you will get first dibbs. I mean there could be much worse ways to lose your pet.
Did you ask the buyer to send you pictures every now and then to keep it updated?

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It's not just that they seem hard to get ahold of. All 3 countries the species occurs in have banned all live trade in FRTs. That means that all live FRT hatchlings entering any country are illegally smuggled.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Wow they won't breed in captivity? That's where I figured they were coming from after learning of the ban, illegal pet trade is insane

Sent from my at a using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Damn, illegal animal trade is messed up. My buddy knew a guy who used to sell venomous snakes and dwarf caimans to whoever had a couple hundred bucks. He's in jail now lol

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Hopefully there are some hatchlings. Im not a big fan of turtles, but these guys are exceptions. One of the ones I worked with I felt like was actually watching me, interested in what I was doing. Most turtles either just sit there or spend the whole day running into the glass. FRT are not that way.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've never had the pleasure of keeping a FRT but my favorite species,the diamond back terrapins are responsive in that way.

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
It can't be easy. That is a spectacular looking FRT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store