Senegal bichir diet?

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
Fat sens are so adorable. They look like the lovechildren of a waterdragon and a manatee.
Lol, that's a great visual.

I'd kept my sens 4 years, but had to re home them when we moved. Awesome pair which bred without my knowledge in a poly tank. I noticed wigglers when vacuuming gravel one day. Gathered a few but lost the fry as I wasn't prepared for them.

O

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
I feed my polys cut up massivore pellets, red wigglers, and tilapia. A warning the massivore will smell a little, but its good for them so I don't mind

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Most Senegalus don't get beyond 9" or 10". Mine is a bit of an anomaly at 11". I bought she and her brother when they were close to the 2" mark. That was about eight years ago. Her brother was actually bigger when he jumped last month (over a foot). :( I was in the process of cycling their new 180 gallon home when he jumped.
My apologies, let me clarify that answer a bit. Depending on whether hes a PETCO special or a WC sen, he will grow between 10-14 inches haha.

Lizardslap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Central Florida
man there's alot of information on these fish I know mine was a couple years ago a petco special idk what the difference is but you mentioned it so it must mean something

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
My first was from pet smart he hit 14" before he tank jumped (have new lids now) I was heart broken .... sadly he is the only male I have had my other 3 are female.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
man there's alot of information on these fish I know mine was a couple years ago a petco special idk what the difference is but you mentioned it so it must mean something
lol petco special is basically saying your sen is probably commercially bred for sale and mass/inbreeding tend to mean those sens don't reach the sizes that WC sens will reach.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
My apologies, let me clarify that answer a bit. Depending on whether hes a PETCO special or a WC sen, he will grow between 10-14 inches haha.
My bad :p

The "rarest poly" thread was mentioning a super-sen from a place in the world that is dangerous for socio-economic reasons. Would love to see one of those guys!

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Lol, that's a great visual.

I'd kept my sens 4 years, but had to re home them when we moved. Awesome pair which bred without my knowledge in a poly tank. I noticed wigglers when vacuuming gravel one day. Gathered a few but lost the fry as I wasn't prepared for them.

O
Very nice! How big were the fry?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store