Senegel bichirs

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Senegals do very little laying. they are the most active of all bichirs! they constantly swim around and when they are inactive, it is usually at the waters surface leaning on a plant or object (mag float anyone)

If you are looking for an active, cheap and easy to care for bichir species that will tolerate more of its own kind, you can't go wrong with a senegal! good luck!
The albino sen I grew out turned out to be a short body. He is stuck at the 5-6" mark after a year now hes just getting fatter

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Senegals do very little laying. they are the most active of all bichirs! they constantly swim around and when they are inactive, it is usually at the waters surface leaning on a plant or object (mag float anyone)

If you are looking for an active, cheap and easy to care for bichir species that will tolerate more of its own kind, you can't go wrong with a senegal! good luck!
The albino sen I grew out turned out to be a short body. He is stuck at the 5-6" mark after a year now hes just getting fatter
Yeah i forgot about that. Senegals are the only bichirs i own that i constantyl pet because theyre always floating at the top on something, filters, magnets, plants ect. My delhezi just lays around though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
my old del and my ornates just lounge around too, nothing like the senegals

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I got 2 an albino and normal... I honestly dont know what they were doing i THINK they may been breedin or something (im a noob to bichirs LOL) anyways they were circling each other and one would shake its jaw (the normal) then the other one the same thing... Weird...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store