Feb 19, 2009
B.C.,Canada

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
snow;4209284; said:
This is the place that's 20 mins from me. I did a search on there huge online site and found this skimmer. It's in my price range and it good up to 220g when my tank is only 135g so, hence being over-skimmered. Is this a fair pirce? Take a looky:
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/ps-c3004/Coralife+Super+Protein+Skimmer+%28Needle+wheel%29+-+up+to+220+Gallon.html
perfect ;)

That with your fx5 and the sand and you should be ready to go. I would roll with the live sand, not the arag. Maybe for reefs but predators kick up so much sand and that aragonite stays air born for so f ing long its annoying. I regret my 90 gallon just because of that stuff.

snow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
B.C.,Canada
Okay then. Looks like this will happen. I will start maybe in 3 or so weeks with my new summer project. I'm going to do a lot more reading though in those 3 weeks. I'm going to go buy a noob book on SW tanks and fish. BTW maybe I did word this wrong in post #1 but I'm NOT going to go out and buy a shark right away, that would be a waste of money. I think after the tank has been running for around 6 months then I'll go and buy a shark. I want to start with some hardy fish. I really want a moray eel.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
snow;4209439; said:
Okay then. Looks like this will happen. I will start maybe in 3 or so weeks with my new summer project. I'm going to do a lot more reading though in those 3 weeks. I'm going to go buy a noob book on SW tanks and fish. BTW maybe I did word this wrong in post #1 but I'm NOT going to go out and buy a shark right away, that would be a waste of money. I think after the tank has been running for around 6 months then I'll go and buy a shark. I want to start with some hardy fish. I really want a moray eel.
Sounds good. A coral cat may be in your better interest. I am housing my bamboos and planning a 3k lagoon build. With a coral catshark a 220 would be fine. They look wicked too.

snow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
B.C.,Canada
I'll look into it when the time comes but a bamboo might be easier to find locally.

BTW These are the fish I want to plan on keeping. It's the fish I'm mainly going to go into depth about reading up on. Will they be all fine together? I'd like to know before I start reading b/c I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to work with a particular fish. Here is my fish list:

porcupine puffer
Banded moray eel
emperor angel
panther grouper
P. volitans lionfish

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
snow;4209738; said:
I'll look into it when the time comes but a bamboo might be easier to find locally.

BTW These are the fish I want to plan on keeping. It's the fish I'm mainly going to go into depth about reading up on. Will they be all fine together? I'd like to know before I start reading b/c I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to work with a particular fish. Here is my fish list:

porcupine puffer
Banded moray eel
emperor angel
panther grouper
P. volitans lionfish

Yea those will all work. The moray is kind of dumb but, thats just my thoughts. I would rate them as the worst eel for personality.

Porcupine puffer would kill shark, if you got one

Panther will get like 2 feet

Other than that sounds good

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
snow;4210050; said:
Then no
porcupine puffer for me. I don't want to get one then have it kill a shark.
Puffers and triggers are a deff no no for sharks and rays. Hey it could work, but they are just so nippy. I would also stay away from wrasses and more aggressive tangs as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store