Setting up the 1000 gallon Bowfront.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Video update 10/27/14.. the VATF's from Wes are crazy![video=youtube;WgAAjFd6UnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgAAjFd6UnI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
From your experience how do you think a Mbu puffer would do in a 700g tank with big cichlids, Kelberi pbass, and a couple bigger cats? I have read mixed things about their compatibility with larger, slower fish, especially ones that might occasionally display aggression. Would a Mbu be likely to retaliate and kill if a cichlid challenged it?

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
From your experience how do you think a Mbu puffer would do in a 700g tank with big cichlids, Kelberi pbass, and a couple bigger cats? I have read mixed things about their compatibility with larger, slower fish, especially ones that might occasionally display aggression. Would a Mbu be likely to retaliate and kill if a cichlid challenged it?
I honestly think it has everything to do with the individual animal.. Most fish can easily out swim/maneuver a MBU. I would be more concern for the MBU if the cichlids display too much aggression. You should give this combo a try and monitor the interactions of all the fish involved, it can be quite rewarding to see this work out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store