Severum tank mates

mikec707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2009
santa rosa
www.youtube.com
I have a sevrum, ebjd, geo, 3 clown loaches and 1 yoyo in my 60 and everyone gets along well I'm going to add a fire mouth soon. Just over filter I filter 800 gph and do 50% water changes a week. everyone had plenty of room so far.
Sevum tank mets from what I've research could be.
parrots,geso,fire mouth, angels, key hole, rainbow, and if you want add something more aggressive make sure you add it last and add it small.
as far as non cichlids basically anything that won't fit in its mouth although I've had 6 cardinal tetras in with my red sevrum and he didn't care at all he is about the same size as yours in the pic.
Silver hatchets worked for me to the smaller marbles did not but that was the Dempsey.

LSS most sevrums re peacefully and you can put with other peaceful fish that accept the same water parameters and won't it I there mouth you should be fine.

Not an expert just my limited experience
I think you'll quickly run out of room. I don't keep a lot of cichilds but most of those fish I reach at least 8" an the loaches can get even larger. I hope you have a lot of hissing spot cause I think there will be some fight especially if you add a fire mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BuffaloFish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2012
Buffalo
I'd also remove or add to the clown loach population. While a 40-gallon isn't really large enough for a shoal of even sub-adult clowns, keeping a sole clown is bad for the poor little guys morale. Clowns are highly social animals and it is recommended to keep them in groups of no less than five. :)

djlamonica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
yes the clown loaches do grow large but slowly the geo and sevrum are very peacful and the ebjd is a whimp I recently picked up a 90 so if things go wrong I will rehome the loaches and the aggresor I'm not 100% on the fire mouth may add another geo or a rotkeil after I move the clowns. Maybe the 60 will just be a grow out tank for the 90 ill have to decide when everyone grows up !

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store