Sexing Electric Blue acara??

Hayleybraun

Feeder Fish
May 13, 2017
Canada
Can anyone help me in sexing this Electric Blue Acara? I picked it up at my lfs the other day and i would like to go back and get another of the opposite sex so I can eventually breed them! I've had a couple people tell me what they thought it was but some said male and others said female and I'd just really like to get a clear answer so when I go back I know what sex I will need to pick up! I have attached the best photos I could get of it so if you can help me would you please take a look and let me know what you guys think! As well could you explain to me how to sex them so I know what to look for when I go back to the store to get the second one! Thank you so much in advance even for just taking the time to read my post!

EBA4.jpg

EBA5.jpg

EBA6.jpg

EBA7.jpg

tjwalley83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2017
judging by the fins, i would say you have a male. they seem to be longer and come to a point. generally they will be more rounded and shorter on the females...but i dont know for sure if that goes for this spec. as well. nice color though! beautiful fish

Hayleybraun

Feeder Fish
May 13, 2017
Canada
judging by the fins, i would say you have a male. they seem to be longer and come to a point. generally they will be more rounded and shorter on the females...but i dont know for sure if that goes for this spec. as well. nice color though! beautiful fish
|Thanks! I have a feeling I'm just going to have to buy a bunch of them and let them pair up so i can breed them, they're just fairly expensive here. The colour is sooooo gorgeous! I could watch it all day, every time I go into the room it's swimming back and fourth in the front of the tank like it's showing off

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
That would be the best way to get a pair. I bought four and got a pair. Now I have 200 about 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches and can't give them away lol!

Reactions: tlindsey

Hayleybraun

Feeder Fish
May 13, 2017
Canada
That would be the best way to get a pair. I bought four and got a pair. Now I have 200 about 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches and can't give them away lol!
I wish! they are fairly pricey here, I'm trying to get into the local aquarium facebook group right now so I can find some local breeders but I swear the admin of the group is never one facebook anymore cause I have been waiting for so long

krishan yadav

Feeder Fish
Jul 20, 2017
Can someone help me too?
I am also not sure about the sex of my neon blue Acaras. Though both are of same age, but one is much smaller which appears to be male.
Can someone please confirm?

IMG-20170720-WA0064.jpg

IMG-20170720-WA0065.jpg

IMG-20170720-WA0067.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Tbh you really will not know if your EBA is M/F until like stated above BIG-G BIG-G by adding 3 more so they can naturally pair off. EBA are difficult to sex imo because both M/F look alike I have a pair that couldn't tell apart until they spawned and the male grew larger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store