Sexing jag plz male or female

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I agree with fish on fire, at least with the pic you provided.
The profile (very torpedo like) looks female, a dominant male would have a steeper profile at 4 inches (probably)
The coloring also looks female to me, the dark blotches alone the lateral line are usually a female trait.
I have edited your pic a bit to make these things more obvious. Below
fullsizeoutput_3ec.jpeg
Males also usually have more, and smaller spots on the lower jaw, which is still hard to see even edited, but appear to be lacking.
If there is another managuense in the tank that is more dominant, yours could be a subordinent male, trying to be incognito.
There is a new managuense gender question thread in the Central/South American cichlids thread where the first pic ( I believe a male) shows the traits, I just described

Lokesh Karanam

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
T
I agree with fish on fire, at least with the pic you provided.
The profile (very torpedo like) looks female, a dominant male would have a steeper profile at 4 inches (probably)
The coloring also looks female to me, the dark blotches alone the lateral line are usually a female trait.
I have edited your pic a bit to make these things more obvious. Below
View attachment 1245619
Males also usually have more, and smaller spots on the lower jaw, which is still hard to see even edited, but appear to be lacking.
If there is another managuense in the tank that is more dominant, yours could be a subordinent male, trying to be incognito.
There is a new managuense gender question thread in the Central/South American cichlids thread where the first pic ( I believe a male) shows the traits, I just described
Thnks a lot.
.. i hav another jag in the tank will upload d pics

jaguarmike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2017
nice jag I have a jag iam trying to figure out if its male or female but since I just signed up here it wont let me post pics cause iam new

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Very Nice Jaguar Cichlid . Gold on that guy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store