Shadow People / Hat Man

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012

Common trends:
About 8 feet tall.
Appears in bedrooms most of the time.
Red or yellow eyes sometimes, but never an actual face - yet the person can "feel" him smiling or sneering.
Other people with the person may or may not be able to see him.
Sometimes reported to pinch, burn by touch, or choke people, but MOST of the time just stares. Other shadow people may float to and fro as if unaware of the person, but fedora hat man always makes contact. Eyes or not, you will feel him there, and you will also feel him feeling you.
Usually appears to very young, 10 and under, but not strictly. Usually appears to adults when death is near, so some suspect he is a reaper of some sort. My theory is that he marks children and returns later to collect them as they die, perhaps acquiring life energy of some kind? IDK, I don't do ghost stuff. I don't believe in spirits and ghosts really. I think hat man is very real, based on:
Attire! He was first reported in the 1800's and he, along with a few other hat people, are wearing indeed clothing from the 1800's, consistently. Capes, collars, "Abraham Lincoln-style" is often stated.
Lmfao, anyone else think Bill Cosby?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Ah, yes. The thick aroma of socially appropriate nay-say banter. I say the exact same things about crap I don't believe in either. Which is really just because - you haven't seen it. 100 years ago, most people had never seen the sarcastic fringehead. If you told people about a fish with neon colors that could open it's mouth the way they do, they'd probably chase you out of town. But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

If you want some fun comparisons to how your differ from other populations, take a look at the responses to this exact same topic on two other forums:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129536

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread113057.html

So what I'm gathering here is that not many, or perhaps none of you have seen this crazy hat thing. Good for you. I hope it stays that way.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
There are a few photos, but I naturally presume them all to be fake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store