Shall I add to community tank?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
yea those things are mean as hell

and what perfect music to go with that video. that type of music always makes me feel like Satan himself is possessing the vocalist
Haha it's that good music.

Here is a short movie of the new guy for better identification .. i do not think he is a parrot .. have two blood parrot appear in my second movie .. i belive mine has a nicer face than the pure red devil .. might be a result of parrot/red devil cross breed .
It looks kind of short body to me but it does look more red devil than parrot. But I'd assume it's a hybrid.
Has it been digging all day and night lol

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
That means he's a thug. He'll clean out your 600 liter in a few weeks. Just keep him by himself. Notice how the videos others have posted show RD's alone in a tank? :)

Honey Badger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2011
Saudia Arabia
best thing when he sees the reflection of himself at the bottom of the tank after removing all gravels away ... he goes completely nuts !

Honey Badger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2011
Saudia Arabia
Ok then .. no matter where he comes from ,looks like he should be staying alone ... now .. what is the possibility for him to breed with one of my two blood parrot ???... I know for sure they are male and female as they laid eggs couple of times and guard it for couple of days then eat it !

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
If you're gonna try to put a parrot in a tank with that fish.....if I were you......I'd go down and get one of those egg crate panels they use for flourescent lights in offices, cut it to size to make a divider. Divide the fish a few days and let them get used to each other first. If the parrot is smaller than the RD, you could also get a couple flower pots, enlarge the hole on the bottom just enough that the parrot can get into the pot but the RD can't. That way the parrot can get away from the RD real easily.

I saw a youtube video somebody linked to on here...guy had a pair of Midas with 4 or 5 flower pots drilled out. The female would go from pot to pot, male would follow her around, and wait at the pot she was in for her to come out. Very crafty.

Honey Badger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2011
Saudia Arabia
If you're gonna try to put a parrot in a tank with that fish.....if I were you......I'd go down and get one of those egg crate panels they use for flourescent lights in offices, cut it to size to make a divider. Divide the fish a few days and let them get used to each other first. If the parrot is smaller than the RD, you could also get a couple flower pots, enlarge the hole on the bottom just enough that the parrot can get into the pot but the RD can't. That way the parrot can get away from the RD real easily.

I saw a youtube video somebody linked to on here...guy had a pair of Midas with 4 or 5 flower pots drilled out. The female would go from pot to pot, male would follow her around, and wait at the pot she was in for her to come out. Very crafty.
this sounds doable and yes my both parrots are smaller than the red beast so i belive this hole would work but here comes a question : shall i put both parrots with RD since it is impossible for me to recognize male and female of those three - including the devil ?

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
With plenty of hiding places for the parrots, I guess. So you're gonna take everything outta the 600, pith the RD and parrots in with a divider and some drilled out flower pots--that sounds like it could work if the parrots are smart enough to run and hide in the pits when the divider comes up.

I'm not sure how smart parrot fish are, but I guess we'll find out when you post the results of this little experiment.

I wouldn't try all this in your small tank.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
If he becomes too aggressive and the parrots are just hiding I would remove him. That's no way for those fish to live.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store