Dec 24, 2005
USA
Monster payara!

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Nice. What's the largest anyone has grown one of these bad boys to? Sounds like they typically die around the 24in mark. I think the longest I've heard someone keeping one is 5 years.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nice. What's the largest anyone has grown one of these bad boys to? Sounds like they typically die around the 24in mark. I think the longest I've heard someone keeping one is 5 years.
That's the longest in the U.S that we know of, could be someone out there that isn't in the forum with a larger and longer lived one.. Well I believe he's in the U.S lol

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
While these two have my name written all over them, I'm not ready to take them in my care just yet. The plan is to move hem to my friends shop first. My friend whose getting rid of them is going away for a month so he wants them taken out of the tank soon and right away. These Armatus are only 3-3.5 years old if I'm not mistaken. The largest ones here I've seen here in captivity is probably around 75-80cm, don't think they get much bigger than that.

Reactions: moe214

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
I think I may have posted up a picture in a thread somewhere before of one around that size in a very large tank (entire wall of a living room) that's housed with large cats and gatf. Let me dig for it when I have time. The 20-24" specimens are quite common here for the "MFKers" in china lol.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
I believe some sort of tranquilliser medication are available at your location.

Those LFS at my area use it most of the time transporting fishes like arowanas. Worth considering perhaps?

For Armatus I will be very worried about getting those eyes injured during the process.

All the best bro! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store