should i stop posting?

tuffy_rana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
brisbane australia
alot of fishkeeping revolves around correct parameters ph,kh,temp.,overstocking, filtration etc........then there is the larger component made up of peoples opinions eg " your tank is overstocked " "those fish shouldnt be housed together " etc. these opinions are often broadcast on seeing 1 pic of a few fish and not the entire tank dimensions or knowledge of the sump size or filtration turnover rates. then you come to a site like this and see ppl putting into practice things that you were told were not possible. imo post what you want....the masses will decide the pearls from the onions and large post counts have no bearing on intellect, intelligence or sheer knowitallism. its a hobby that no one knows everything about hence the requirement of forums to test your theories, ask your questions, and give your opinions. so keep posting and i can promise you one thing....no one will view you as the einstein of aquarium keeping based solely on your pc........;)

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I don't think post counts have anything to do with it. When I made my first post count I already had 19 years of fishkeeping under my belt... I already had 26 fish tanks at one time running. Yet there are still areas of fishkeeping that I know nothing about.

As long as you don't try to use your post count against others I don't see why it matters.

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
scottswald;3996825; said:
should i stop posting?

i am very new to fish keeping but have learned a lot over the last couple of months by asking questions.

but i am not very knowledgable and i feel as if my increasing post count is now slightly misleading as to how much expertise i have.... so should i stop? :confused:
this is a very self-aware question to ask and that shows that you're intelligent. We could use more intelligent people on the internet, in society, and in the hobby. I think you should stick around and ask lots of questions.

It's cliche, but true: "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

We're all learning everyday, and even when you think you've mastered one aspect of the hobby, you'll get into something else and need someone else's advice. Post counts mean nothing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store