Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
I'll throw down some classics of mine. They've been posted to older threads but here they are.

Enjoy see my fish room thread for more info and or context. Hope this was enjoyable :)
Very nice tanks and fish Kamikazie!

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
Ok, Correct me if I'm wrong... I've seen several fish posted resembling this on this thread so not trying to pick on this fish owner:

I think that is a hybrid, I think it has electra in its past. Not a horrible cross but still a cross if my assumptions are correct. I don't think its pure placidochromis phenochilus tanzania.

Mine:

The very different face, and sub pattern make me think this. My placidochromis phenochilus tanzania did not have this appearance when I got him at 3.5 inches, and was pretty much a smooth blue by this point with his adult face orientation(he is just now over 1 year on getting his steepened forehead though). Is it a cross or perhaps a descendant of a different collection point? Please help inform me on this as I have limited exposure to this fish beyond the one I have and a few google image searches.
looks to me like its just stressed...

Stratoquarius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Calgary
i see these red empresses for sale in my LFS lately and wow, they are worth it if they come out like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store