Show your Gar pictures here !!

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
i thought we had seen this specimen before, but i may be wrong. the second gar is a shortnose gar--
--solomon

ESJBond007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Southgate Michigan
i agree with solomon... nice looking short nose gar.

gibbonz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2007
melbourne
thx guys..i've heard from this forum someone said that its a shortnose,,probabbly u Solomon. i was always not sure about it and its always better to have more input coz in my head short nose has spots and sharper nose. but this one has a nose like a gator and apparently spotles. could it be a hybrid???i'll get a better n closer pict when i got the time..thanks a lot for the comments..

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
gibbonz;1270446; said:
thx guys..i've heard from this forum someone said that its a shortnose,,probabbly u Solomon. i was always not sure about it and its always better to have more input coz in my head short nose has spots and sharper nose. but this one has a nose like a gator and apparently spotles. could it be a hybrid???i'll get a better n closer pict when i got the time..thanks a lot for the comments..
understandable to get some more opinions...

...however, i have seen dozens and dozens of shortnoses in the wild AND in captivity and i assure you this is a shortnose gar. they can be highly variable, moreso when they are smaller juveniles, but at the size you have, this is what a typical shortnose looks like, especially compared to wild counterparts. the nose broadens out, and generally they will lose their spots--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store