shrimp pellets or brine shrimp cubes?

jkrc07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
earth
will my cichlids (oscar,convict,jag) eat those brine shrimp or shrimp pellets by wardley. Because its pretty cheap (in my area) to be a staple diet (along with pellets) Also will silver dollars eat those once in a while?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I think fish will more likely choose frozen over pellets.

FuzzyHead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2006
Oregon
I never liked a lot of shrimp pellets. They always seemed to make too much of a mess in my tanks. They would hit the bottom and then the fish would always seem to leave pieces everywhere.

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
That stuff is actually all my oscar would eat for a while after she refused pellets. But once they hit the ground she would forget about them so I had to feed her pellet by pellet so she catches them. Eventually she got too big and needed to eat too much for me to throw in one by one (took forever). Then I discovered TetraCichlid Jumbo Sticks which floats and my picky oscar loves, and like wardley's shrimp pellets the first thing on the ingredient list is shrimp meal - not fish meal.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
jkrc07;990332; said:
will my cichlids (oscar,convict,jag) eat those brine shrimp or shrimp pellets by wardley. Because its pretty cheap (in my area) to be a staple diet (along with pellets) Also will silver dollars eat those once in a while?
Larger fish will ignore brine, but will probably eat shrimp pellets. However, enriched brine shrimp is probably a better choice nutritionally speaking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store