Shrimp Question

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
I noticed that too, went up quite a bit! I but in bulk to save money, but still not cheap. That happens a lot, the old switcheroo. Sometimes same price but smaller bag, sometimes small bag and higher price.

I gotta go catch some fish to feed em too! Minimize costs...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
My local mart just started carrying fresh caught from the gulf. It has a pinkish tint and is raw. On a side note has anyone noticed the price increase on shrimp and seafood in general.
I caught my mart had increased pricing on shrimp between 1.50 -2 bucks a bag (16oz). Then I notice they werent even 16oz bags anymore but 12oz bags. So they increased price that much but decreased the amount by 25%. Friggin snakes. Guess they figure people wouldnt even notice since the bags look identical.
So I bought some shrimp this morning, the same brand (Emeril Lagasse face is on the package) that I have been buying for some time. It's a 16 oz. bag that is 26/35 count, the size I usually buy as the larger shrimp are more expensive. I'm sure the sticker in the shelf said $8.99 which it has always been. After looking at the receipt when I got home, it cost me $13.99!!!

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
I used to buy 4 pound frozen blocks of 40-50 headless shrimp on sale for $15.99 a box. the same box today is $31.99!needless to say, I switched to tilapia @$3.99 for 1.5 pounds..lately, that has been creeping up in price too though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store