Shrimp with glofish??

Busterny

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Rochester, NY
to try and get my wife into fish keeping, I set her up a glofish tank. Are there any shrimp that will show up under the glo lights?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I have a hard time with glo fish personally. I'm not sure anything will show up in the lights that's not genetically modified. Sorry.

Alex Walker

Feeder Fish
Dec 18, 2016
Try ghost shrimp they are very small at first but get up to about 1 1/2 inches, they are usually sold as feeders so they aren't kept in the best condition and your fish might eat them if they are too small but they are clear so idk you might get some kind of nice color with them

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
You'd be able to see any type of shrimp in the normal lights - they do provide movement and they also eat algae. They just won't glow.

Busterny

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Rochester, NY
You'd be able to see any type of shrimp in the normal lights - they do provide movement and they also eat algae. They just won't glow.
Thanks all for the input. I have some grass shrimp in another tank. I will try moving a few larger ones up into the glofish tank and see if I can see them at night when the glo light is on.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Red cherry shrimp have kind of a cool red glow to them under the right lighting. I'd think glofish will pick off any that will fit in their mouths though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store