Siamese Tiger Microlepsis

Monstaf1sh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Perth, Australia
Yep definitely expensive, keeping an eye on all their growth rates don't wanna end up with expensive feeder fish!! :eek:

Anyways here are some pics, though not very impressive because of the size of the tank and the small fish.You can hardly see them with a full tank shot.

better take some close ups so you can see them.

jadon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2006
Colorado
mice tank.. Try feeding your fish earthworms and blackworms and maybe crickets i have seen these all work when nothing else would just make sure you chop them up to fit in his mouth. You could also starve him, as was stated earlier and you can try some garlic guard this seems to get my fish actively looking for food just make sure you follow the directions.

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Dragonf1sh;716525; said:
Same thing isn't it?
Was last time i looked it up Datnoides Microlepsis???? From Indonesia?????;)
You IDed your fish correctly as D. microlepis, although your spelling was off. It wasn't too long ago that all datnoids were generically referred to in the industry as "Siamese tigerfish." For example, most aquarium books still refer to the entire genus as "Siamese tigerfish." Widebar datnoids (ST/CT) weren't described as a separate species (D. pulcher) from Indonesian datnoids (IT), D. microlepis, until 1998. In 1998, ichthyologist M. Kottelat determined that the Mekong and Chao Phraya populations of D. microlepis were sufficiently geographically isolated from, although still morphologically similar to, the Indonesian populations of D. microlepis to warrant being considered a separate species. With this split, it is now considered appropriate that "Siamese tiger" apply to D. pulcher, while "Indonesian tiger" applies to D. microlepis. However, please note that D. pulcher is not the only Datnioides species to reside in Thailand (formerly Siam). Two other Datnioides species are also native to Thailand: D. undecimradiatus (thinbar datnoid or North Thailand tiger) and D. quadrifasciatus (silver datnoid or "American tiger").

Monstaf1sh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Perth, Australia
Cheers and
cheers for the info, this site is great plenty of people clued in here the fish i'm keeping are not that readily available around here and isnt much info on them. Now i know wat i actually have!
cheers again :D

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
hi when i had my indo dat i fed him up on live river shrimp to settle him in and then i had to tie a small piece of shrimp to a piece of cotton and drag it gently through the water it didnt take long for him to cotton on!! ha ha! after that he would take almost anything i put in the tank

Monstaf1sh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2007
Perth, Australia
does yours hide all the time?

mine constantly hides from me, a little frustrating when feeding ive gotta try to get him a decent feed before all the other hungry pigs get it. thinking about moving him to his own tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store