sick angelfish

beany1204

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
Hey everyone! I need help. I am pretty experienced, but can't figure this one out... My angels in my community tank are dying. I've lost 6 in 2 days! There are a couple of things I've notice, but can't find a disease fits... So the ones that have died so far, they get bloated pretty bad, act a little lethargic... One that is still alive has been swimming on an angle and its eyes look a little poofy to me. I've also seen on one of them, that its fins looked a little pink.NI tested the water, and it's fine... Any suggestion????

beany1204

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
Hey everyone! I need help. I am pretty experienced, but can't figure this one out... My angels in my community tank are dying. I've lost 6 in 2 days! There are a couple of things I've notice, but can't find a disease fits... So the ones that have died so far, they get bloated pretty bad, act a little lethargic... One that is still alive has been swimming on an angle and its eyes look a little poofy to me. I've also seen on one of them, that its fins looked a little pink.NI tested the water, and it's fine... Any suggestion????
Oh, forgot to say, my husband put in some maracyn plus so far...

beany1204

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
tlindsey, thanks for respondin! So sorry I never answered you. It's really frustrating for me sometimes, because my husband will say to ask, then he will turn around and ask someone else and start treating with stuff without talking to me... ( which in most tanks I let slide, but the angels are my babies, so I expect to be notified when options are brought up, and included in the decision on which way we're gonna go... Ya know?) Anyways he just started treating with something, and couldn't even give me the name... Once I figured it out and kept on him I realized that he was giving them stuff that wasn't needed... Oh boy was I pissed. I kept telling him that they had a bacterial infection and needed something stronger. Needless to say, I lost almost all of my angels before he listened to me. Once he put stuff in for a bacterial infection, the dying stopped. I was still devastated, though. We go through this every once in awhile. My husband works like 80+ hours a week, so he's exhausted, PLUS he's blonde, PLUS, he's Polish..... LOL
I am here all day with these tanks. I know what is going on. Sometimes, though, he's just at work thinking about what to do, and he forgets to talk to me... WOW... Was that TMI???
Anyways I don't know parameters... I guess the size doesn't matter anymore, since it's over... But, it's a 125, I believe... Very long. Now I have 12 baby angels in my 46G tank in the other room

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store