Sick Cichlids... Is this Ich, Velvet, or something else??

JC Cutts

Gambusia
Aug 31, 2018
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Have a large pair or Redhead cichlids that have developed spots over most of their bodies a couple of days ago- I got sloppy and think I may have cross contaminated a net from one of my other systems where I quarantine new fish... Tank has been up and running for 4+ years and fully cycled. I do 30% water changes every two weeks. No Ammonia or Nitrites. Nitrates runs in the 20-30 range.

They are huddled in the bottom corner and not swimming. I did a 50% water change yesterday and then added salt to the tank yesterday (1tbsb/ 2 gal ratio) and also did a 10 min dip with Copper Power Green per their instructions (2oz/ 5 gal). So far no improvement... Really hate to lose them, but not sure what else to try or if I even have it diagnosed correctly? Pics attached... hoping someone can comment on what they think it is and suggested treatment ideas.

Thanks!

cichild spots 2.jpgcichlid spots.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store