sick clown fish

StonerFishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
ontario
the clown fish is near the bottom of the tank and looks like its struggling to swim. there is a white film on most of it, didnt have this in the morning and i just noticed it now. any idea?

StonerFishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
ontario
of course no1 ever ****en replies to my posts and now the fishy is dead. tanks again MFK another thread of mine gone un answerd. this is my last post on this dead beat forums

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Sorry bro, I would have replyed but I was away for the weekend, but form the sounds of it you waited to long to post, as even if I had suggested a treatment it sounds like it was already to late due to the fact he has already died after 1 day.

StonerFishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
ontario
my other clown has the same thing. last night he was perfect condition and when i turned on the lights just now hes coverd in the same slime coat

01yellowr

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
NJ
What are the specs of the tank? When was the last water change and how much? What are the perams?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Well this is a hard one, I looked into it, and I found a few possibilities. I assume its not a fungus as it doesnt look fuzzy to me, but if it is fuzzy then its likely a fungus. So if its not a fungus then there are a few possibilities;

Costia - http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/information/Diseases.htm#Costia

Chilodonella - http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/information/Diseases.htm#Chilodonella

Velvet - http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/information/Diseases.htm#MarineVelvet

Now the only one I know for sure affects marine fish is Velvet, but at the same time its the one that sounds least likely... I would suggest trying a number of treatments for many thing, but then you risk poisoning.

I'm rather at a loss im sorry to say, unless the fish is showing other symptoms that aren't mentioned, labourd breathing? scrubbing against rocks? etc. Also a list of your params would be good, as it would eliminate possible water condition problems.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
If u have space or possibly already have one, I advise you to purchase a hospital tank. This tank can be used to place in sick fish and treat them like currently mine houses a little puffer with ick. The tank doesn't have to be huge like a 10 gallon tank is perfect. This tank can also be used to treat new fish before placing the main tank. Hope your clown get's well and sorry about the first clown.

StonerFishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
ontario
both clowns died within 24 hours of finding the disease put my hand in the tank and i got shocked. one of my power heads is jacked so i can only assume this was the problem

StonerFishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2009
ontario
i find it odd that my two dominos and all my shrimps and crabs even the corals are just fine, noticed the nitrite was a bit high aswell so did a water change and its back to zero

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store