Sick Flowerhorn

btcolaizzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hey guys im in a little bit of a pickle right now. About a month ago, my flowerhorn(FH), developed what looked like a prolapsed anus or he had his intestines hanging out. I applied some epsomsalt and it went back in. However, now he has a bulge on one side, its his right, and also develpoed popeye on that side. While the swelling in the eye is gone its still cloudy and hes loosing weight. Ive been dosing with prazi, erythromycin and salts and no change. Has anyone had this happen and knows a fix for it. Hes my oldest fish and I dont wanna loose him. If you guys need pictures or additional information just ask.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey guys im in a little bit of a pickle right now. About a month ago, my flowerhorn(FH), developed what looked like a prolapsed anus or he had his intestines hanging out. I applied some epsomsalt and it went back in. However, now he has a bulge on one side, its his right, and also develpoed popeye on that side. While the swelling in the eye is gone its still cloudy and hes loosing weight. Ive been dosing with prazi, erythromycin and salts and no change. Has anyone had this happen and knows a fix for it. Hes my oldest fish and I dont wanna loose him. If you guys need pictures or additional information just ask.
Yeah, please post pictures, water parameters and any other info.

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
For now just keep up with the water changes and raise the tank temperature abit, also try feeding mainly spirilina based foods for the next while to promote better digestion, it’s very common for Flowerhorns to have intestinal problems

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

btcolaizzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2019
The image in the bottom picture if a couple months ago and you can see whatever it is protruding out of the bottom of him.

btcolaizzi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2019
For now just keep up with the water changes and raise the tank temperature abit, also try feeding mainly spirilina based foods for the next while to promote better digestion, it’s very common for Flowerhorns to have intestinal problems
thats what ive been told, he doent eat that much should i force feed him?

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
thats what ive been told, he doent eat that much should i force feed him?
For now force feeding won’t it might make it worse, if it really gets much worse you might have to medicate some food and force feed, for the pop eye just keep doing water changes and treat the water with salt regularly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store