Sick gar! Please help!

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear that it didn't make it, but I have to doubt that the combo has been together that long. I've grown silvers bigger than 14" in under 4 months. An 11" florida is likely around 1 year of age. 8" peacock bass is also not that old. Tinfoil and linma grownth I have found to be pretty variable. But my best guess would be that the combo has only been together maybe 3 months. And success with juvenile combos doe not guarantee success over time.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Couldn't even watch the whole thing, I'm so sorry, very unfortunate situation but Atleast u learned something!

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Waas browsing some local classifieds, and saw you were looking for another gar, amost some other fish. You are likely to have the same result of another dead gar if you don't choose more appropriate tankmates.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Waas browsing some local classifieds, and saw you were looking for another gar, amost some other fish. You are likely to have the same result of another dead gar if you don't choose more appropriate tankmates.
exactly. when you (OP) said in your earlier post they had been together for "so long" that is definitely relative and not really long enough to consider them all getting along. those tankmates are not appropriate for gars, and given what you reported for their size, there is no way they were together for that long...those individuals are quite small which means they are young of the year or yearlings at best (unless severely stunted). i would not advise getting another gar until the tank composition can be revised. good luck--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store