Sick Jardini, Please Help

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sounds like a quality setup with all those :cool:
I defo think our got lucky with that one my old jar would have cleaned you out in a day lol he was one evil fish heres a PIC of him lost him last year due to disease in my tank he was six year old and 22" uploadfromtaptalk1398925087029.jpg

My new baby ones not much better its already smashed a 5" datnoid up and he's only 6/7 " himself

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ullysses

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Sounds like a quality setup with all those :cool:
I defo think our got lucky with that one my old jar would have cleaned you out in a day lol he was one evil fish heres a PIC of him lost him last year due to disease in my tank he was six year old and 22" View attachment 1009246

My new baby ones not much better its already smashed a 5" datnoid up and he's only 6/7 " himself

Wow he is a nice looking fish!
I must have been really lucky then with mine being so docile.

Got home today with melafix
His eye has gotten worse.
Added melafix as per the back (150ml)
Also added some salt as I had run out of that before.
Temps up to 28 degrees.
Any ideas when I should start to see some improvement?
I havnt been more stressed about loosing a fish before :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
can't see the new pic till I get home on my crap phone again :( it'll take at least a couple of days to start to clear up if he's scratched it , he probably won't eat as he's feeling sorry for himself just keep a close eye on him for symptoms of disease just incase the cloudy eye is due to stress from something else , looks like he's scratched it or bumped it to me though , have you got an air stone in tank ? If not drop the water level to create move surface movement and oxygen , and keep the lights out to keep stress levels to a min
Hope it clears up keep us posted

ullysses

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
can't see the new pic till I get home on my crap phone again :( it'll take at least a couple of days to start to clear up if he's scratched it , he probably won't eat as he's feeling sorry for himself just keep a close eye on him for symptoms of disease just incase the cloudy eye is due to stress from something else , looks like he's scratched it or bumped it to me though , have you got an air stone in tank ? If not drop the water level to create move surface movement and oxygen , and keep the lights out to keep stress levels to a min
Hope it clears up keep us posted
I'm not sure if it's a scratch anymore.
Unless it is normal for the whiteness to spread to the whole eye not just the side it started on?
Otherwise he looks fine, other eye is completely clear, fins prefect. No one ever gives him any trouble. Can't think of where any other stress came from, last water change was about a week ago.

Go 2 air stones and an fx5 pointing up.
Can't drop water cus it has a weir.
Yea lights have been left off.
It's like he doesn't want me seeing it, he always keeps that eye to the back of the tank.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Just one eye,mit hurt itself.

Will get worse before it starts to heal.

Do not fret. Just pay attention to the eye and if it it otherwise acting normal.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sorry for late reply , I'm pretty certain its a bump/scratch from the new pics , give him a few days it'll start to heal , try to cut down on feeding so less mess is created and do WC every 7 days Imo

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
What is the current tank temperature? I would raise it to 86F, if possible add salt to the water, and daily 10-20% water changes.

I have an arowana that had the same thing happen but it was BOTH eyes at the same time. Remedied in a week and fully healed within two.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store