Sick/ strange acting MBU (not a 13y/o troll here)

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
Theres on 5.5-6in upside down/ sailfin catfish in there. He keeps to himself mostly, upside down under driftwood. Only really comes out for feedings otherwise very mellow. Two black skirt tetras flying around the tank but they dont go anywhere near the puffer unless there's food in the tank. Its a little weird that she was fine after acclimation, and for 5 days after. Tons of personality and buzzing all over, and then all of a sudden this issue. Id think if she was stressed from the shipping the affects would have been immediately noticeable first day.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
I have Not seen a bubble or anything come out of her mouth. Sometimes she looks OK and is leveled out, sometimes her tail is way above her head. Wouldn't eat for me this morning. It sat next to her a few weekend before the cat came and got it. Right now she's actually at the top of the tank rather than the bottom. She's got some fight in her that's for sure because when I hold her to try and burp she wiggles around amd takes off when she's had enough.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
Weekend should be minute there. Damn phone autocorrect.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
Got home and noticed my catfish is picking on her. Made me realize something is going on I don't see. Don't think its an air bubble, think she's been getting beat on. Weird since that fish was always perfectly peaceful. I could be wrong. Noticed a mark infront of her upper fin which is when she started swimming funny. Noticed her bottom fin is also pretty beat up. Thinking her not using those two fins is why she's swimming weird. Set up a hospital tank for her to relax and recoup in. Praying this does the trick.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
You'd sometimes be surprised at what fish would try and pick on a puffer... my yellow lab cichlid will try and pick on my fahaka all the time when shes resting in one of the "caves" i made... although my fahaka being the big girl she is doesn't get phased at all and doesn't really care...

Although my puffer will only take being harassed so much before she turns around and bites... which she has a few times nipped a good portion of the yellow lab's tail off, although always only the fins, and never any real damage done...

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
I think some people on here are confused on what the term troll means.And it was a basic question I am not gonna waste my time going through your threads when I can directly ask.I do not troll I do not come seeking attention or bashing only try to inform and be informed.Glad you figured it out hope things work out.
People buy sweet fish and kill them all the time thinking they have experience including on here so excuse the hell out of me for being concerned or in your words "TROLLING".

Jenerik

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
USA
I think some people on here are confused on what the term troll means.And it was a basic question I am not gonna waste my time going through your threads when I can directly ask.I do not troll I do not come seeking attention or bashing only try to inform and be informed.Glad you figured it out hope things work out.
People buy sweet fish and kill them all the time thinking they have experience including on here so excuse the hell out of me for being concerned or in your words "TROLLING".
The irony of this post and of your user sig.

I think several of the people trying to help the TS troubleshoot actually own and have firsthand experience with the fish in question. Do you own an Mbu puffer or have you just read about them on the internet?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store