silver arowana eggs

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Viewing on my phone so hard to see but are you sure those aren't Salmon eggs dropped in? Are they actually falling from the aro or just on the glass beneath? I don't see those coming from the aro in that small of a tank. I call potential bologna.

I've been wrong about things before but I'm a skeptic. Especially on this vid.

If you are breeding aro in that terribly undersized tank please tell me your secret.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Viewing on my phone so hard to see but are you sure those aren't Salmon eggs dropped in? Are they actually falling from the aro or just on the glass beneath? I don't see those coming from the aro in that small of a tank. I call potential bologna.

I've been wrong about things before but I'm a skeptic. Especially on this vid.

If you are breeding aro in that terribly undersized tank please tell me your secret.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Its actually fairly common for females to drop eggs in aquaria regardless of tank size. My female dropped in a tank by herself 2yrs ago. Those are 100% aro eggs...look like little flouro orange paint balls lol... the male would pick them up after he fertelized them to brood. Just like a fem turtle passing eggs even if a male wasent present.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
uploadfromtaptalk1413757987490.jpg
This was from my fem at 19-20"...believe me i was very surprised to say the least. She hasent dropped another batch since. Not salmon eggs tho lol far too large

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
uploadfromtaptalk1413759516910.jpg
Better pic of aro eggs to confirm...not an internet pic either lol...

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I stand corrected. That's the coolest thing I've heard in some time. I kept large aros for years never so lucky. Credit to your husbandry. Touché

100% believer in what you say wednesday13, your threads helped me repair a few tanks. Sorry to doubt OP

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I stand corrected. That's the coolest thing I've heard in some time. I kept large aros for years never so lucky. Credit to your husbandry. Touché

100% believer in what you say wednesday13, your threads helped me repair a few tanks. Sorry to doubt OP

Just pure luck really...im always glad to share tho. I read up a bit on it when it happened to me and quite a few old threads came up just like this....usually in the fall lol. Some people have it happen every year like clockwork and others just randomly like myself. They dont drop eggs very often...1-2 times a year at the most i think.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Are they regularly bred in tanks?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Are they regularly bred in tanks?

Albino silvers r becoming more readily available lol...so id take a good guess and say yes....pretty sure theres some vids out there of silvers brooding eggs in aquaria. U can take the eggs out immediatly and tumble them or let the male hold em until almost free swimming. Very cool process lol...

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Here I was thinking you needed huge pond in Asia :rolleyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store