Silver Arowana Tankmates

Mfowlie626

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2013
U.S.
I recently got my first silver arowana and he's around 5-6 inches. I seen lots of info on everything except tankmates. I was looking into getting a p.bass and a red tail catfish, would these be suitable tankmates? I know long term they are ok but unsure about compatability while they are all small. My Silver is currently in a 40g and will be moved to my 125g within a month and I plan on getting some tankmates at the same time. He will eventually be moved to my 1000g pond when he grows out. Thanks in advance.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I recently got my first silver arowana and he's around 5-6 inches. I seen lots of info on everything except tankmates. I was looking into getting a p.bass and a red tail catfish, would these be suitable tankmates? I know long term they are ok but unsure about compatability while they are all small. My Silver is currently in a 40g and will be moved to my 125g within a month and I plan on getting some tankmates at the same time. He will eventually be moved to my 1000g pond when he grows out. Thanks in advance.
Why not get all insectivores as tankmates, since arowana are insect eaters, could do
Shovelnose sturgeon (keep eye on size), redear sunfish, archers etc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store