Silver Datnoid (Datnioides polota) Salinity?

zdolla3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2023
Does anyone know the salinity a silver datnoid should be at? I have a larger banded archerfish whose in freshwater and I’d like to get him over to brackish alongside a silver dat I want to purchase in the near future.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Silver dats, aka AT are freshwater. FRESHWATER.

All this you might hear about salinity is repetition of false information.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

zdolla3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2023
Silver dats, aka AT are freshwater. FRESHWATER.

All this you might hear about salinity is repetition of false information.
I think u commented on an older posted I originally made about them possibly being brackish or not and the other user proved you wrong. Most online owners of silver dats never have them longer because of what many people think is due to no brackish transition. So I guess the question still stands for other users… what salinity? I assume very low

zdolla3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2023
I think u commented on an older posted I originally made about them possibly being brackish or not and the other user proved you wrong. Most online owners of silver dats never have them longer because of what many people think is due to no brackish transition. So I guess the question still stands for other users… what salinity? I assume very low
Well actually I just read through you entire rebuttal on my old post haha. So now I’m not sure. U went out for the measurements and all. Lol

Reactions: Midwater
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store