Silver Datnoid Help

Young_Fish_Keeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
i had my first silver dat on pellets but i had to give him away. :irked: he was eating feeders, then i started throwing in pieces of shrimp with every other feeder, then i would just throw in shrimp, then i would stuff the shrimp with massivore, then in about a week he was eating strictly massive, i hated letting him go, i have a tank big enough now, so im prepared to keep one for life this time.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I've had a couple in the past. If you get a stable one they're an attractive fish. Mine didn't grow more than a foot and they ate anything. Weren't as shy as some Tigerfish. Never added any salt despite the fact these are meant to be the more brackish species

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
The first few weeks is the worse just trying to get them to eat pellets is a job. Then after that it's not bad clean water and good diet will help them grow.
What he said.. There are some pretty big if's to climb before successfully making dats do an inch per month..

First there is getting them on pellets and even with patience there is no guarantee they will accept it and after that there is a question of how hungry your specific dat is and if its genes allows it to grow that fast..

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Silver tigers aka AT aka American tigers

Do much better in brackish water

The growth rate is a little faster than other tigers

They look good when small with a bright silver colour but as they grow they go a dull colour

They are also more aggressive that thin bars and indo

To tell the truth if I was looking to buy a tiger fish for the first time I wouldn't bother with silver tigers as most people who start with them move on to a better type

I would buy anything expect silvers or dat cambelli

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store