single pup born 9/6

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
I've got to secure my pup tank better. Dad flipped the pup tank again so I just got done catching the pup. Dad is just so active/curious, anything different and he's all over it. I'll get another pic up of the pup at some point Mike.

thats funny because i have a floating nursery in my tank, and my male is always upside down on the bottom side of it checking it out...
Does he bite it when it escapes?
Would love to see it!

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
If you have food in it some adults will try to get the food out and that is why they might flip it or what. uploadfromtaptalk1411394502617.jpg

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Laughed when I saw that pic because dad does this often. I don't think it has much to do with food in his case as he will also go upside like in the pic above right on the surface and splash around.

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Wow, congrat's kev!
Glad I saw this, I remember when you first got them. P14's have always been one of my favorite blackies... Can't wait till she starts popping out big clutches for ya.
Good job. With your pristine water, great feeding pattern, and patience, it was only a matter of time. The parent's have to be amazing by now.

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Lost this little girl last night. She had just started to eat better when she escaped her floating pup tub while I was at work. I found her with multiple bites wounds and feared the worst. She had been recovering for the last week or so and I was starting to get hopeful she'd be fine but I found her dead last night. Sad to lose my first p14 pup. I can only hope there will be more in the future.

Totally my fault for not securing her better :(

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Unsure if she's pregnant or not as I haven't seen any activity. After the last escape I bungee corded the pup tank and put the lid on. I should have done it earlier it just wasn't necessary with previous pups.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store