Slant?

Stephaan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Colombo
Does anyone here have an arowana that swims at a slant? its not very prominent but my RTG has been swimming tht way since the day i got it and it happens only at times, is this normal or can i do anything to correct it?

willtang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2006
West Sussex, United Kingdom
My RTG swam at a slant when I first brought it but now it's fine. It's usually down to the fact that the swimbladder needs to adjust to it's new surrounding environment. This is die to different pH levels of the previous keeper.

I've also noticed after a good meal it will swim at a slant but only for about 30 minutes. Unless the fish is really struggling with swimming straight then you shouldn't need to worry about internal parasites attacking the swimbladder :).

Stephaan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Colombo
thanks! that was a load of help! he's fine and is very active! its just that he slants when he turns and sometimes when he's swimming. other than that he has no problem at all, was just wondering if it was a defect :)

Stephaan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Colombo
ok now i'm seriously getting a bit worried. it's been around 5 months now and he still has that stupid slant! anything i can do to prevent it from getting worse? or can i cure it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store