Small bass beating the hell out of bigger bass.

oscarfishguy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
USA
Thats a tough call, its a great looking fish. The way he is eating it is only a matter of time before he is the biggest fish in the tank and might eventually kill your other bass. I second what framcoso said. Good luck.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I think I might, but I want something different but dont want to spend over $100 bucks on a fish. I do have some fish that I have spent that much money on, but right now is not the right time to do that. So if you guys know of some different fish for sale let me know, I really like Azuls and kelberis but Ive only seen them at 150+.
As all my cichla buddies tell me...you gotta pay to play. If you like kelberi and azuls.....then fork up the cash. Get em while they are available or cry about it later. $150 isnt really that much...look at all those super nice rays and aro's....there in the $1k+ range. I know snookn has some orino's...but they are small and grow much slower. Hulon had/has some bigger orino's if you can con him into shipping.

R32flow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Richmond, VA
Thanks man, Ill see what I can do. I just hope my buddy doesnt get beat up to much before I can afford some new friends.

Its so weird I dont know why hes not sticking up for himself. Hes alot bigger I dont get it.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
I agree with Gangster, $150 for an Azul or Kelberi is a gift.....

octavusprime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2010
sacramento
One way to curb the aggression would be to rescape the tank. The new smaller fish knows it has to be tough since it is coming into a tank that already has had the territory lines drawn. By rescaping all the fish have to re-establish the territories and could help in calming down the little terror.

It might not work but I know everytime I rescape my tank, all the fish relax a little as they figure out what the hell happened.

R32flow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Richmond, VA
Ill keep that in mind Octavus, thanks.

Off topic but my GF's angel fish are spawning. Dont know what to do with them, you guys think itd be ok to feed to the bass? Dont know if they are good for them or anything. But I dont know what to do when they hatch or if they do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store