Small Endi feeding?

jlieskovan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2012
San Francisco
hey guys, I've kept bichir in the past, (had an ornate that got up to about 14") it fed on Masavore. But i now have 2 small Endi that don't seem to eat much? all i have gotten them to eat is bloodworms, i have tried krill and broken up massavore with no luck. Any suggestions? someone on a local Facebook page was recommending rubbing crushed garlic on pellets? any word on that? or any other ideas? thanks!

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
hey guys, I've kept bichir in the past, (had an ornate that got up to about 14") it fed on Masavore. But i now have 2 small Endi that don't seem to eat much? all i have gotten them to eat is bloodworms, i have tried krill and broken up massavore with no luck. Any suggestions? someone on a local Facebook page was recommending rubbing crushed garlic on pellets? any word on that? or any other ideas? thanks!
How small r the endlis? ... My first endli I got at 1.5" it wouldn't touch nothing but blood worms until it was around 3-4" ... Once it got that size it ate massivore with the quickness lol
Also had Senegal.. albino Senegal and delhezi about 3 years ago they did same thing ... At around 3-4" the expanded there diet they wanted ... Just keep throwin bloodworms till he grows a little bit is my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lrry93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
I get around
I feed mine tilapia fillets, smelt and shrimp. Just cut it up in tiny pieces. They eat until they are fat and full.

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
When I got my endlicheri bichirs, I fed them Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets. I would break up the pellets into fourths and put them in the tank with the bichirs at night when the lights were out. The bichirs ate them after about 2 or 3 days. I would try and avoid giving the bichirs bloodworms to get them to eat the pellets. If they don't eat after 2 or 3 days, then relent and give them their bloodworms before trying the pellets again.

Now, one of my endlis is 14" and the other around 18" and they eat Massivore Delight with no trouble at all. This worked with my 2 ornates that grew alongside my endlicheri bichirs.

swrdply400mrelay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
Texas
I grew out 2 endli from 3 inches to 11 inches. When they were small I just fed hikari carnivore pellets. They'll eat eventually.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
I have never had a baby bichir not eat tilapia within the first 24 hours in my tank........ TILAPIA.... like mentioned, small enough for them to swallow......

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I feed mine frozen silversides. It used to eat pellets at 3" but once it hit 7", for some reason refused to eat pellets. Threw in small cut pieces of silversides and voila.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store