Smallest Brackish Stingrays for Moray tankmates?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Just browsing species for now, then I will decide what tank I will need, but I want a brackish ray for a tankmate for my pair of Gymnothorax tiles. Something small.......very small if possible, I am NOT getting a St. John's Stingaree, they get WAY too big lol

Anything that might stay under the 20-24" mark?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
You will probably have to bump the salinity up and get a blue spotted or something. A few years ago a vendor here sold some stingrays from western Africa that are apparently closely related to the Atlantic/st.johns rays and only reach 18". Never seen them again though.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
You will probably have to bump the salinity up and get a blue spotted or something. A few years ago a vendor here sold some stingrays from western Africa that are apparently closely related to the Atlantic/st.johns rays and only reach 18". Never seen them again though.
, and
Any idea what they are? Can you think of any others that only grow 18"??? I have no problem going full salt, I think G. tile is supposed to eventually get full salt anyway and I do have a few cichlids that have been found in full salt as well, but I really had a better species diversity by keeping it brackish, but whatever works is fine with me

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
How big is the tank anyway? Realistically you'd need a huge tank to keep more than morays and rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store