SNAILS!!!

Casey Norris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
Oklahoma
Another idea if it is a freshwater tank is a crayfish. They come in all sorts of neat colors and love to munch down on any snail they come upon. The only concern with this method is they are mean to fish that stay close to the bottom of the tank. But if your tank can handle a crayfish, considering they can get up to 8inches in some breeds, go for it. I had two for awhile one in a cool water tank and one in a warm water tank, i had to trade them eventualy because they became to aggressive with my fish that liked the bottom of the tank.

phreakyfaerie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
michigan
guppy said:
Wipe down any egg masses and physically pick out or squish as many as you can, repeat daily.
also if you drain the tank and spray it down with vinegar the egg globs will swell so that you can see them to pick them out, and once they have swollen they wont hatch

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
For last resort there is always dynamite.

chuckae4xj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
Youngsville,NC
I net them out of my Guppie and Platy tanks and drop them in the african tank.
They gobble them up. I have heard you can put a slice of cucumber in the tank before going to bed and in the morning they should all be on the cucumber. Then just pull it out of the tank. Picking them out is not a quick fix, but if you keep at it you should get rid of them.

zix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Portugal
just put a peace of cook cabbage on bottom tank and in the morning just take it of .
In my tank the clown loches take care ,have 3 :D

red oscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
JOUSHA TX
why do you want to get rid of snails any food that your fish do not eat the snails will clean it up i have allwas had snails in my tanks except my clown loach tank snails get eat as quick as i put them in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store