Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
The bite mark on her leg might definitely be from a snakehead.
I have kept Channa Pulchra and Microlepis and I still own a couple of Pleurophthalma
I you get bitten by a snakehead you get this kind bitemark. Although it's ussually more annular.
Still no reason to kill the fish.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
The bite mark on her leg might definitely be from a snakehead.
I have kept Channa Pulchra and Microlepis and I still own a couple of Pleurophthalma
I you get bitten by a snakehead you get this kind bitemark. Although it's ussually more annular.
Still no reason to kill the fish.
Except there's no snakehead in Indiana...it looks like a catfish bite to me...they bite HARDER than snakehead.

flemming

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2008
netherlands
didn't know there weren't any snakehead in Indiana.

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Snake heads are Awesome fish, I can still remember when it was legal to purchase and keep them. I would love to be able to catch them on hook and line, without having to pay the airfare to south America or Asia for that matter. The thought of this fishes awesome strength and power on a line, wow. Though these snake heads aren't the Greater Snake Head which is a awe inspiring power house of a Beast. These smaller snake heads are still majestic beast. Plus these snake heads are quite tasty fish.
:popcorn:

njbudman81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
south jersey
I've caught and killed a bunch of those snakeheads. I personally like fishing for them but there is so many now it's crazy. But when my caribe eventually dies I will have a snakehead tank

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
^ you can't keep snakehead alive as it would be illegal.

njbudman81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
south jersey
I already had some in a tank and fish and game knew all about em. I was told just don't release em and the big ones taste good. I kept em for a little bit then killed em. I think it's to the point where nothing can be done. I personally killed over a thousand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store