Sneak Peek: My New 600

white15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Highland Park, IL
Did you have to reinforce the beams under that room? It doesn't look like that is your basement. Beautiful tank!

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
Thanks fellas!

Amazon theme is exactly my thought. I have some huge pieces of driftwood in there along with rocks and a ton of plants.

As far as reinforcing, no need as it's on a concrete slab.

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
Wow that looks great! How did you "wrap" the BG around the overflows, did you miter the background? I love it!
I cut them at 45 degree angles and siliconed them that way. Thankfully this was the flat back style so it was rather simple to do. The most difficult part was cutting the slits for the overflows, took forever and very tedious.
One thing I would recommend for you thinking of doing this is ***don't paint silicone with acrylic paint as it won't adhere permanently*** I filled in the gaps with silicone and pond foam and although the acrylic paint bonds nicely to the foam, the silicone is a no go and now I see a hideous black seam - driving me crazy :swear: It held up for a few days, then the feeder fish I'm using to cycle the tank developed a taste for this paint...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store