Snorkeling at Cape Eleuthera, Bahamas

rainbowfishpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Some town
I got back from a trip to Cape Eleuthera in the Bahamas through a school program, and one of the activities of the program was snorkeling. I'm lucky to have an underwater camera, although the pictures themselves aren't that great. This is also an album on my profile.

IMGP0648.JPG
Sea grass.

IMGP0658.JPG
Picture of part of a reef.

IMGP0663.JPG
Some coral. There was some fish like slippery dick, bluehead wrasse, beaugregory damsels, sergent majors, blue tangs, and others hanging out around it, although you can't see it.

IMGP0659.JPG
Not a great picture, but if you look closely you can see a pearlfish.

IMGP0649.JPG
Some grunts and other various fish hangin out in the reef.

IMGP0651.JPG
Swimming over some jacks (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). A bunch of juvenile fish were gathering in the area and that attracted the grunts, which attracted larger predetors. I saw a three foot long barracuda and a houndfish about the same size.

rainbowfishpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Some town
Pictures are out of order. The caption from the second picture is supposed to be on the 5th picture. The caption on the third picture is supposed to be on the second picture. The caption on the fourth picture is supposed to be on the 6th picture. The caption on the 5th picture is supposed to be on the 4th picture. The caption on the 6th picture is supposed to be on the third picture. I suggest checking out the album if you don't get it.

rainbowfishpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Some town
At the place I stayed, a research center, they had an aqua ponics lab. they have a tank of tilapia, and plants they grow in the water. They send the dirty water from the tilapia tank to the garden, and the plants use the nitrates from the water. Then the water is filtered and goes back into the tilapia tank. They also had other fish there, although they weren't part of the cycle. It had a pump that connected to the ocean, and they some other fish they do tests on. Here's some cobia and puffers, although hard to see.
IMGP0587.JPG
IMGP0586.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store