So I Bought a 120 G Tank - Advice

MrBlueDream

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2015
3rd rock
If I were to do a single fish, I'd go for a puffer, not sure which would live in a 120 for life.

I've seen them hunt down food with precision, and still be cuddly after years of being handfed.

But me personally, I like a small community of fish.
Currently have some bichirs and geophagus in my 120.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Or for community tank, do a mix of geophagus. Heckelli and redheads are very colorful when they grow up.
my 120g with heckelii, Redheads, Altifrons type. Much better than a single fish in my opinion, I got bored of aggressive cichlids beating the **** out of eachother so I set up a peaceful south american tank. Maybe its not what you are going for but I was surprised with how much I enjoy it compared to the more aggressive set ups I have kept in the past. Still growing these guys all out

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
Rafini those are nice geos you got there. I also have 3x heckelli, 3x redhead, 3x winemilleri in a grow out; when they get to around 5". I want to put them in my 125 with a few tiger silver dollars.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Rafini those are nice geos you got there. I also have 3x heckelli, 3x redhead, 3x winemilleri in a grow out; when they get to around 5". I want to put them in my 125 with a few tiger silver dollars.

Thanks Theyre coming along nicely, I'd like to see some pictures of yours if you have them. I don't know what species my Geos are, I posted a thread and it got ignored lol.
I started with x4 red heads but I'm down to x2 now. there was a lot of fighting and 2 of them got beaten up and didn't make it through. Sounds like a nice stocking for a 125, I would have taken SDs too but I wanted to try plants this time around. so I have some rainbows

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Is this a joke? If it isn't, I don't like Flowerhorn. But thank you for the responses.
I agree, they are just very strange looking for my liking and I'm into oddball fish! I'm also not a big fan of genetically mutated fish like the FH or blood parrot. But they still have nice colours! Plus FH aren't large enough to stand out in a 120 gallon. An oscar, midas, or red devil would be good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store