So ive set my African Malawi tank up

Ransom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Derbyshire / England
Hay guys just sharing my newly set up malawi tank its like 3-4weeks old.

The substrate im just using play sand for now, and a few pieces of 2nd hand ocean rock

The big shell in there, i personally free-dived down too collect it at about 10mtrs depth, in the Egyptian Red Sea at Sharm El Sheik,
i had too dispose of its former owner so i could bring the shell home.

Anyway the current Fish in there are

4 x Yellow Labs (3 im not so sure yellow with a brown band down the centre horizontally)
2 x Bumble Bee Cichlids
3 x xEureka Cichlids
5 x African Butterfly Peacocks (Aulonocara Jacobfribergi)
7 x Kribensis
4 x Elongatus Mpanga Cichlid
1 x Blue Zebra Cichlid

Anyway its just set up an nothing in the tanks finallised, ill probably add quite a few more fish soon and maybe swap for Coral Sand too.
Hope you like it.

2013-02-27 19.05.01.jpg

2013-03-04 21.25.42.jpg

2013-03-04 21.25.57.jpg

2013-03-04 21.30.57.jpg

cl0wn knife

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
Oxford
cant say i approve you " had too dispose of its former owner so i could bring the shell home" just to stick a shell in your tank...

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
+1 that's not right man. but it is what it is now. tank looks good though.
cant say i approve you " had too dispose of its former owner so i could bring the shell home" just to stick a shell in your tank...

rizzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
philadelphia pa
Hay guys just sharing my newly set up malawi tank its like 3-4weeks old.

The substrate im just using play sand for now, and a few pieces of 2nd hand ocean rock

The big shell in there, i personally free-dived down too collect it at about 10mtrs depth, in the Egyptian Red Sea at Sharm El Sheik,
i had too dispose of its former owner so i could bring the shell home.

Anyway the current Fish in there are

4 x Yellow Labs (3 im not so sure yellow with a brown band down the centre horizontally)
2 x Bumble Bee Cichlids
3 x xEureka Cichlids
5 x African Butterfly Peacocks (Aulonocara Jacobfribergi)
7 x Kribensis
4 x Elongatus Mpanga Cichlid
1 x Blue Zebra Cichlid

Anyway its just set up an nothing in the tanks finallised, ill probably add quite a few more fish soon and maybe swap for Coral Sand too.
Hope you like it.
Nice setup the shell was a nice touch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jkusnierz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States, Massachusetts
nice set up but if those bumble bees are Pseudotrophus Crabo. You are in for a slaughter. They get big and mean and then they get bigger and meaner. Nothing will stand a chance. they get 8 inches and the only thing i kept them with is Demasoni but even then the shear size over took the demasoni. your peacocks will die along with the krib 1st. they have no chance then your elongatus/zebras/labs. and what size tank is this in??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store