So what's the oldest SW fish that you had?

mercury904

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Philippines
PLs include its the size & age in captivity:) we'll be glad to see thier pics

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
The oldest guy I have is my Snowflake Moray. He's about 3' and 5 years old. I'll post a pic of him later tonight...he's a character.

turbo21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2007
pittsburgh
www.freewebs.com
here is a pic of a bamboo shark i have he is a little over 4 years old and was hatched from an egg in captivity. his life expectancy is between 15-20 years

he is 36 inches from tip to tail:headbang2

i also just recently lost a blue devil damsel that i had for eight years, i am not sure how old he was when i bought him, but due to the unexplained nature of his death, he probably died from old age:(

i have also kept a few fish in my 390 to five years before the tank broke and everyone died:cry:
bob

Picture 159.jpg

turbo21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2007
pittsburgh
www.freewebs.com
it was a custom made glass tank i bought from an lfs that was going out of business, we had it stup for almost 5 years, then we bought a new house.

once the tank was moved i set it up for 1 week without the fish in it to make sure there were no leaks,

the day after we added the fish i got a call at work from my wife who gets home an hour before i do. the tank was empty she said

i got him to 450 gal of water in the basement, with an added 500 pounds of sand. the silicon holding the back wall to the bottom let loose and the water pressure did the rest

amazingly the port jackson shark, and the 14" stars and stripes puffer lived, they were not in any water for what we estimate is 4 hours. the eventually died within a week, from bacterial infections, i am guessing from their slime coat drying up. we lost a lot of great fish that had become part of the family and it has been hard to get back into this hobby, but over the last couple years we have started with the big fish and tanks again

bob

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
turbo21;804849; said:
it was a custom made glass tank i bought from an lfs that was going out of business, we had it stup for almost 5 years, then we bought a new house.

once the tank was moved i set it up for 1 week without the fish in it to make sure there were no leaks,

the day after we added the fish i got a call at work from my wife who gets home an hour before i do. the tank was empty she said

i got him to 450 gal of water in the basement, with an added 500 pounds of sand. the silicon holding the back wall to the bottom let loose and the water pressure did the rest

amazingly the port jackson shark, and the 14" stars and stripes puffer lived, they were not in any water for what we estimate is 4 hours. the eventually died within a week, from bacterial infections, i am guessing from their slime coat drying up. we lost a lot of great fish that had become part of the family and it has been hard to get back into this hobby, but over the last couple years we have started with the big fish and tanks again

bob
ouch sorry for your loss.

mercury904

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Philippines
so no one here has kept thier SW for keeps?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
for keeps?

well the fish will either die or the tank will get too old, so there's really no for keeps.
or do you mean untill the end of it's natural life?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Caught a spotfin butterfly in 1999 the size of a nickle. It's about 5" now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store