So you want to keep a RTC (Red Tailed Catfish)?

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
all this did was made me want it more....alas not enough room im having

highrisktankeeper72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2012
New York Baby
all this did was made me want it more....alas not enough room im having
I agree. I like the personalities of the rtc. My buddy kept one in a 75gal for awhile till it got too big and then he put it in his pond. Someday ill have the space...... hmmm Ill hafta call in the guys from tanked lol

Sent from my Droid using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Livinviggen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
New York
Got this guy 2 weeks ago at 1.5" he is now 3". 1.5" in first 2 weeks. He has some room to grow in this 150 gallon till I buy a house.
Week 3Red Tail 3 inches.JPG

Livinviggen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
New York
My RTC seems to only hang out under a log all day and only come out at night. Now I know it is normal for cats to be more active at night, its just that he doesn't seem to come out at all during the day. I only wonder because I hear about RTC that swim around quite a bit. Is there a reason for this and or a way to fix the reason or train the fish to be more active?

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
They do have mini RTC's their called Oscars haha :D not as cool looking but will eat like them lmao

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
Wow, I was just about to ask on this side of the forum whether a RTC could be housed in a 150g... But I now know better.

vexcon

Feeder Fish
Jun 27, 2012
pak
i have always wanted to keep one but the store clerk tells me not to keep them because of their growth and appetite for fellow fishes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store