Sold as a motoro...but I'm not so sure

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Looks like a blue motoro. Seen these from south American suppliers. Titled blue motoro. I think from Colombia... Don't see to many of these around nice pick up.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice Motoro. The pictures in the for sale ad show a much browner Ray.

00kevin

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Nice Motoro. The pictures in the for sale ad show a much browner Ray.
Very true. He has a brilliant plywood setup with a viewing window of 1' acrylic. The lighting was also pretty scrappy DIY. The viewing was difficult and getting photos was even harder. He posted at 20"+ but you can see the ray far exceeds that measure. I don't think either of us realized the size of the ray I was buying until we put her in the tub I brought.

Again I'm not an expert, and somewhat new to the motoro game, but that contrast between her and my other motoro is obvious. The jet black rings around her brown spots are the color of her whole body. Although she has a million little spots like a P14, they're brown in color. And the 4 main spots on her back are broken into 2. Is that called "mooning"?

Please look at the group photo next, where she is next to my hystrix and juvenile motoro. That is unedited, without filter, straight from my cellphone. I've never seen any motoro like this...

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Motoros range from very light to very dark. It certainly looks like a nicely spotted motoro.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Motoros range from very light to very dark. It certainly looks like a nicely spotted motoro.
Kevin the big motoro you had was really dark. I have to agree though i have seen Motoros really range jn color from dark to light here is an old pic of Kevin's I dug up on my phone from my visit in 2012. As you can see she was super dark like yours without the super spotting. ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1419051469.982817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store