Some interesting insight into Stability..

elohelwhat

Feeder Fish
Dec 28, 2008
South Carolina
So I bought a bottle of it mainly for the fact it breaks down mulm, And yeah, that part of the product CERTAINLY does work. But I started to ponder about the bio-filtration part of it, IE reducing trates trites and ammonia, And how its labeled for Fresh and salt water, Yet the bacteria in both tanks is different IIRC. So I decided to ask seachem its self. Heres what I got; http://www.seachem.com/support/forums/showthread.php?t=2184 "It is perfectly fine to ask as many questions as you would like about our products and we will always answer them as thoroughly as possible. Of course there are some things about the products that we will not be able to divulge. Stability is like no other bacterial supplement on the market. What we have done with this product is used a different type of bacterial strain that is more resilient in terms of surviving in atypical conditions. Thus, it can survive in any type of aquarium and can resist death even with extreme fluctuation in temp, pH, etc. This bacteria also as the capability of existing in a state of dormancy under certain conditions. In Stability, we use an inhibitor that keeps the bacteria in this "dormant" state. Once the Stability is added to the aquarium and the inhibitor is diluted, the bacteria then leave the dormant state and become active. These bacteria will then require the presence of a food source (organics) in order to stay alive. All bacteria reproduce at such a rate that you are always getting die-off and reproduction going on. As long as the bacteria have a food source, they will continue to reproduce and maintain their colony." Interesting? Perhaps. The whole 'different strains of bacteria' would explain why everyone goes LOL RONG whenever anyone brings up stability.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store