SOME PEOPLE!!!(DUMB LFS)

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
ive gotten kicked outta petco and petsmart many many times for correcting. this last weekend i went to petco and this father and daughter was returning a black mollies because it died. the father said i dont know whats wrong. i got layed off a month ago and this was the only x-mass gift i can get my 2 girls. she asked what size tank he like 1 gallon. the lady replied do you have a heater. he replied no. she said well you dont NEED one. after talking awhile you could tell both him and her were clue less. they leave with a small red belly pacu. i go up to the father and tell him about the size. i told him if he gives back the pacu gets a mollie we can work somthing out. they came over for dinner. i took them upstairs and let them hold some of my brother reptiles. we share the house my brother has the upstiars i have the basement. then i took the family down stairs to see my fish room. the first thing one of the little girls said was "daddy you didnt tell us we are going swimming!" as she pointed to my 500gallon circle tank. in the end i told the girls about the nitrogen cycle and alot of stuff i gave them a 100 gallon tank stand a canister filter and a hob filter probly a half pound of food and i told the girls you can pick and fish out of these to tanks. they picked the tiger barbs i gave them six and they gave me the black mollie. the best part was as they where leaving one of the girls witch i might add one was 7 the other was 6, the 7 year old jumped out of the car and gave me a hug. it was worth it. me and the father who look to be right around my regularly "hang" out. i think he comes over for the cooking. (my brother is a proffessional chef). funny thing is me and my brother made a deal he cooks ill clean his cages. perfect life. my girlfriend hates snakes his hates fish who'd a thunk it.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
These type threads are always full of so many tall tales.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Bderick67;3751007; said:
These type threads are always full of so many tall tales.
And this site is always full of your positive input. :ROFL:

OscarRobinson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I never say anything to people in stores unless they ask me directly, which doesn't happpen very often. I did once ask the owner of a LFS that I go to why they don't try to educate people on the fish they buy and was told: "people aren't going to listen and when your in the retail buisness the customer is always right". I guess if the fish is for sale and they have the money how can you legally not sell it to them. I'm not saying its right. As for these fish being for sale in the first place, there are plenty of members here who own these large fish and care for them properly so the question becomes: should responsible people be made to suffer because of the irresponsible or uneducated?

thepede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
as they say in retail, "sell, sell, sell"...He'll probably get employee of the month, if he hasn't already...i wonder if he knows about Amway products?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store