someone hates me... really..

JamesRiggs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Ash :( If you were closer I could help ya with tanks, but there is a good bit of distance between us. Good luck and I sure hope things improve for you.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Its alright thanks guys =] Its nice to know people are always willing to help. I am going to re-do the 55 today and hopefully all goes well. Another thing that puzzled me is my polystigma in my sump of my 55gal (he is small to be in there I will move him out when he is bigger - (long story - he has one eye and everyone picked on him.), he is perfectly fine.

I think I have an idea at what may have happened which case I am kicking myself in the butt for. Sand. I used black sand this time (the one you buy at petsmart). Well it never crossed my mind to stir the sand. I usually dont stir it in my big tank b/c my fish are always moving it around so they do a good job at it for me. I put it in my 55gal and never gave it a thought to stir it b/c I am used to my fronts moving sand = but these guys are still like 1inch-2inch range so I dont think they really did much with the sand and not stiring maybe the build up finally released and thats what did it?? Its the only thing i can think of and if thats it - that could be why it didnt show up in my test kit. If that was the problem I am sooo stupid for not thinking to stir it up. That or maybe the chemicals used to dye the black sand leeched into my tank? I dont know what they use to make it black so I dont know if it could actually do that just the only things we can think of.

You know I was sitting here wondering why exotics and rick rung a bell in my head. I ve been to his farm before - He has a huge koi fish in one of the over flows I wanted to go swim in it lol. My smaller burundi that was 5 inches that I just took in was from him. My bleekeri also came from him b/c he didnt want to give up his polleni pair lol. I also got dubosi from him and my show peacock tank was built from his fish. I have his card somewhere I'll have to give him a call. He is friends (or was dont know whats going on with them) with a guy we visit in Miami when we go fishing. Actually I traded him a pair of Midas for alot of those fish - I wonder if they breed for him or if he got rid of them. He wanted to start getting into SA/CA as well but dont know if he ever did. I am not sure if he had the Kigomas when I was down there as this was back in 06 when I actually went to the farm. Do you know if the ones he breeds are WC? .

rogersb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
hazleton, PA
Ever clean your windows around your tank? Those spray bottles send stuff everywhere. Or, I once used a bucket that had been used to wash a car to fill a tank. I rinsed it out realy well, but it still put in more phosphates than my tests would register. Sand actually seems pretty unlikely. Sorry to hear about your fish.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I dont know I dont clean the glass and if I do i spray the towel in the kitchen then bring it to the tank and wipe it. I wont spray in near the tank. Its possible someone else did in the house though. I have special buckets I use to filling the tank I knew not to use buckets that have ever held chemicals in them.

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
ash, sorry to hear about your troubles. Its always hard when things continuously go downhill, however, their are far worse things that could have happened. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward.

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
Ash;2578044; said:
Its alright thanks guys =] Its nice to know people are always willing to help. I am going to re-do the 55 today and hopefully all goes well. Another thing that puzzled me is my polystigma in my sump of my 55gal (he is small to be in there I will move him out when he is bigger - (long story - he has one eye and everyone picked on him.), he is perfectly fine.

I think I have an idea at what may have happened which case I am kicking myself in the butt for. Sand. I used black sand this time (the one you buy at petsmart). Well it never crossed my mind to stir the sand. I usually dont stir it in my big tank b/c my fish are always moving it around so they do a good job at it for me. I put it in my 55gal and never gave it a thought to stir it b/c I am used to my fronts moving sand = but these guys are still like 1inch-2inch range so I dont think they really did much with the sand and not stiring maybe the build up finally released and thats what did it?? Its the only thing i can think of and if thats it - that could be why it didnt show up in my test kit. If that was the problem I am sooo stupid for not thinking to stir it up. That or maybe the chemicals used to dye the black sand leeched into my tank? I dont know what they use to make it black so I dont know if it could actually do that just the only things we can think of.

You know I was sitting here wondering why exotics and rick rung a bell in my head. I ve been to his farm before - He has a huge koi fish in one of the over flows I wanted to go swim in it lol. My smaller burundi that was 5 inches that I just took in was from him. My bleekeri also came from him b/c he didnt want to give up his polleni pair lol. I also got dubosi from him and my show peacock tank was built from his fish. I have his card somewhere I'll have to give him a call. He is friends (or was dont know whats going on with them) with a guy we visit in Miami when we go fishing. Actually I traded him a pair of Midas for alot of those fish - I wonder if they breed for him or if he got rid of them. He wanted to start getting into SA/CA as well but dont know if he ever did. I am not sure if he had the Kigomas when I was down there as this was back in 06 when I actually went to the farm. Do you know if the ones he breeds are WC? .
The only fronts he was breeding was kigs and he is doing alot of sa and centrals and he has really healthy angels, he is hard to get a hold of at times and his website is kinda lame, he has some killer peacocks, he is kind of getting away from wc tangs but he has other farms he says he trades with.Almost forgot he also breeds burundis.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I contacted the breeder I got the fish from, as I lost another one after spending 5 hours moving fish and situating everything. I am gong crazy I have no idea what is going on I made a post in fish disease and health with more information but I just dont understand it. I want mroe but not untill I get the current situation figured out. I am so confused everything checks out fine -_-

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store