Something is wrong with my flower

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Today is day 4 of the prazi.. I think after day 6 i will flush the tank and put the drips back on high. See what happens for a couple of days, if no improvement i will be stumped.... He is divided from the other rays and has been for a couple of days so stress should be at a min.

I would have expected if the stray voltage was causing my problem it would have gotten better after shutting it off the faulty pump last night. No change this morning.... So i think i can eliminate the stray voltage, unless it had a long term effect.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
i have not noticed the stiff tail OR the heavy breathing last night. His color looks washed out, and he is swimming the glass a bunch. However this 10" flower is divided off from the main tank in a 2' x 2' area, so i am guessing this is why he is swimming the glass.

He ate a few pieces of smelt and pellets last night and again this morning. i am not really seeing bones any more... I am hesitant to say but i think he could be slightly improving. He pounces on food like a mad man, but sometimes a little too aggressively he will loose the food. Without a drip this tank is running 86 degrees now as it has warmed up a bit here.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
good to hear at least encouraging news...

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Hey, hows the flower doing?

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
i am confused, not sure what to think.... Don, i am starting to believe stroke,....... it has to be a neurological problem...

Now that he is completely divided from other rays, he is not too bony now.. BUt he is not fat either. He acts so weird, flips, thrashes, humps up at random times, but when he does realize there is food he pounces like a cat. Maybe he is in to small of an area now that he is pinned up with a divider??? I am just stumped, right now i am not treating, i am just keeping perfect water through a heavy drip.

Here is a video of him darting and dashing around last night. http://www.youtube.com/user/CWBBOARD#p/u
Keep in mind this is one of the few rays that i have seen that normally will not hardly ever climb the glass, much less come to the surface.

here is a video during feeding, seems he will eat the most of pellets than anything (weird huh) so i have been feeding pellets, smelt, and worms. He acts strange and twitches around
http://www.youtube.com/user/CWBBOARD#p/a/u/0/rdgZZfocskk

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
moving very slow it seems and the twitching strange for sure ....

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
pulled out the divider yesterday to do some algae clean up. noticed after 10 minutes of the divider coming out the flower darkened back up. Still acting the same as the video above. still eating some. i left the divider out to see if there is any change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store