Something killed my lima, should I try a Tig?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
woke up this morning and my 11" lima was floating around the tank. Had a bad bite mark on his tail area. I'm not sure what nailed him because I never see it. I have a 25" royal clown knife, 24" black aro, 13" florida gar and a 14" fire eel. This lima always stayed at the top of the tank so I'm thinking it was the aro, if the gar would have nailed him he would have been cut in two I think. He was always chasing the aro and I think he might of grown tired of it. BUT since I introduced the fire eel a week ago the knife seems to be aggitated. Not sure if I should try a tig or if it would be to riskey.. I need a faster growing tougher fish

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
what about a megalodorus or niger?
Sorry about your lima bud.

Steve

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
cool cats but I think they get a little too big... they have alot more mass at that size as well. thanks for the suggestions though

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Megalodoras dont get any bigger than your knife or aro and they are peaceful.
good luck

steve

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
Well this is sorta amazing. This morning when I saw the lima floating around it wasn't quite dead. So trying to give it a fighting chance I netted him in the largest net I had and turned him right side up. Well when I got home tonight He was still alive so I let him go back into the tank and he seems fine. Scratched up a bit but seems normal. So I moved some driftwood around to give him some places to rest and hide. I guess we'll see what happens. I guess I shouldn't count them out before it's over.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
well he's still alive and seems to be great until I feed him. Then he starts spiraling through the water again. I think whoever nailed him damaged his swim bladder and when he eats it puts pressure in the wrong place. I'll give him some time hopefully he can keep food down soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store