something new

BigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2005
Washington
i have a 75 gallon tank and i have one baby oscar in it. i want to some type of amphibian or reptile or something cool to put in my tank to give it some flare. any ideas.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
How about a LARGE african clawed frog. They get as large as your hand and they will hold their own against the fish.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
soft shell turtle ?
how big are the ocars?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Alligator snapper( I don't like oscars), really though, a clawed frog or a surinam toad would work.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i will have some small soft shells (chinese softys)
there cute
orange and green
they are small. about 1-2 inches

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Oscars tend to be on the slow side (especially large ones) from what I have seen. Most softshell turtles will readily try to take a bite out of your 3" oscar. another alternitive would be a fly river turtle. I have seen friends with them in community tanks with larger fish, even slow swimmers like arowana. only problem being that F.R.T. tend to be on the expensive side of the turtle spectrum. I would probally try to stick with something passive and small. good luck with your oscar/reptile/amphibian expierements!

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
I agree with the fly river turtle or African clawed frog. Outside that there is not much else I don't think. Turtles and fish don't often get along and both turtles and oscars are very messy so be careful.

This is my first day here and I gotta ask...why so many anti-oscar members? I only write this here because of guppy's post.

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
BTW - be prepared to SERIOUSLY step up your filtration and water changes if you add a turtle to the tank. Thier messy...really messy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store